Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 69...

I'm closing in on 70 days now. I've had some ups and downs, but I'm keeping in a positive mood.

I'm keeping myself busy too. Outside of looking for jobs, I'm finally reading more, working out, and getting to spend some more time doing community service work.

I've started a few books, reading some here and there. One of them I'm enjoying is Stephen Covey's "The 8th Habit." I'm trying to learn how to better myself while I have the time. Another book I've been reading is "Why Business People Speak Like Idiots: A Bullfighter's Guide." It was a gift from a former Director of mine, and is proving to have an interesting insight into the way the business world works. I'm also trying to, in practice, better my golf game by reading "Tiger Woods - How I Play Golf." Hopefully I can get out and hit the range a little now that the weather is warmer down here in Atlanta.

I've also taken to improving my physical fitness through a book I finished, and have started applying, called "The Body Sculpting Bible for Men." It works off the premise of switching the workout routine every 14 days, just enough that it confuses your body and keeps working it harder. I've never put myself through such a structured and intense workout before, but I think it's working!

Most exciting of all, I've gotten the chance to give back to the community in an active way! Through my Church, I helped out on a project restoring the entry way to a local elementary school. We had a good team, and got a lot of work done. It may not look like a lot, but you should have seen just how ugly it was beforehand.

I've been finding ways to keep myself busy, by either improving my skill set or giving back to the community. I'm looking forward to getting back to work, but in the meantime, I'll keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment