Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 2...

I feel like I need a 24 clock sound on each of these posts.  If this is going to be an ongoing thing, I think that would be funny.

Anyways, on to the rest of the story.  

So, I think I'm safe.  I guess I was just naive, but I really didn't see this coming.  On 3/11/09 I was called into a conference room and told I was being let go because of the economy.  Great.  The economy caught up to me.  I had been careful in my spending, I had been cautious with my life, and it still got me somehow.

It turns out that 10% of my company was let go that day.  While I viewed my job as extremely important (I mean, who doesn't?), to the people at the top, I was nothing more than $$ on paper.

Now, I don't hold any bad feeling against my former company.  Rather, I thank them for the time I had to work with them, gaining experience and life lessons.  They are a great company, and had to do what they had to do to stay afloat. 

Doesn't change the fact that its rough on me though....

No comments:

Post a Comment