Thursday, March 12, 2009

Unemployment - Day 1

This is a running blog of my experiences as an unemployed person.

Lets start out with my story.

Hiring with Reznick Group:

I graduated Georgia Tech in May 2007 with a BS in Management, a certificate in Marketing, and a concentration (I took a LOT of classes) in International Affairs.  Before I graduated, I had an internship opportunity presented to me through a professor of marketing at Tech, Dr. Vantine.

The internship was for a company called Reznick Group, and they were looking for a 'marketing intern.'  I went ahead and applied, at the time needing a job related to my field (marketing) and went in for an interview.  Low and behold, a few days later, I got a call saying I've been chosen as the Reznick Group Marketing Intern.  Woo hoo!  I finally had a job that was in line with my major.

I later received a promotion to 'National Marketing Analyst' and knew that no matter what the economy threw at us (Reznick Group), I would be safe.  

Or so I thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment